While centred on the race itself, you will visit and be introduced to the everyday challenges (and joys) facing residents of one of Africa’s largest and oldest slums, Kabira in Nairobi. You will travel to MCF’s facility in Ndalani which is home to thousands of former orphans, many originally from Kabira. You will see the amazing ways that MCF has transformed lives and opened up new futures for these wonderful kids as they are now part of, literally, the biggest family in the world. After the race you will travel back to Nairobi and be taken by small plane over the Rift Valley and into the Massai Mara for a two day safari based out of a 4 star lodge. See detailed itinerary below.
Package Pricing and Tax Benefits ($Cdn)
Total Package cost without Safari: $3500
Total Package cost with Safari: $4820
- Package Prices are Canadian dollars per person and are subject to change. Couples/family rates are available. For quotes contact MCF Canada. Variances to the standard package are discouraged but can be accommodated.
- Airfare quoted is Toronto-Amsterdam-Nairobi. Pre-bookings have been made for a number of seats. Once fully subscribed, prices will change. MCF Canada will quote for airfare from different Canadian cities. Insurance is mandatory. See details here [link].
- Kenya costs are fixed and include food, water, lodging, transportation and race fees.
- Donation. This event is a fundraiser enabling financially needy/academically qualified students to attend Mully University College. The minimum donation ($500) is per individual or family. You are encouraged and will be supported in efforts to fundraise over this amount.
- Tax Receipts. This is a “Discovery Event” that will expose you to the work of MCF and is seen as having benefits to the charity. As such the full costs quoted in line 5 are eligible and for a charitable tax receipt. Some exceptions apply (for example if you extend your trip significantly).
- Safari Package. The package is quoted per person, double room for stay at the Mara Serena Lodge in the Massai Mara, including airfare to/from the Mara, guided tours, park pass, food. Cost is US$1000 and may vary based on exchange. See details here[link].
- Total. What’s not included? Two “Guest Choice” meals at beginning and end of the trip, in-transit costs, tips at game lodge, any alcoholic beverages, visa, vaccinations…and any other costs not specifically identified in the detailed itinerary.
|DAY||DATE||ACTIVITY||OVERNIGHT||TRANSPORTATION AND MEALS|
|1||May 9||Fly to Nairobi via Amsterdam or London||In Transit|
|2||May 10||• Arrive Nairobi • Met by guide, driven to guest house||Nairobi Guest House||MCF Transportation Dinner is Guest Choice*|
|3||May 11||• Morning rest • Guided visit to Kabira slum • Drive to MCF Ndalani • MCF welcome and orientation||MCF Ndalani or Yatta||• MCF Transportation and Guide • Breakfast: At guest house • Lunch: Picnic lunch provided by MCF • Dinner: At MCF Ndalani|
|4||May 12||• Optional guided morning run (5 KM) • Tour of MCF facilities • Evening program at MCF||MCF Ndalani or Yatta||Meals and snacks provided by MCF|
|5||May 13||• Optional morning run (5 KM) • Tour of MCF facilities • Optional climb of Mully Mountain • Carbo load party and evening program||MCF Ndalani or Yatta||Meals and snacks provided by MCF|
|6||May 14||• The big race! (AM) • Afternoon rest and recovery • Evening program and thank-you||MCF Ndalani or Yatta||Meals and snacks provided by MCF|
|7||May 15||• Drive to Nairobi (Wilson Airport) • Flight to Massai Mara • Drive to lodge • Afternoon game drive||Safari Lodge||• Breakfast at MCF • Picnic lunch provided by MCF • Dinner provided in safari package|
|8||May 16||• Morning game drive • Afternoon game drive||Safari Lodge||Meals provided in Safari package|
|9||May 17||• Morning game drive • Leave for Nairobi (Wilson Airport) • Transfer to Nairobi • International Airport • Depart for home||In Transit||• Breakfast & lunch in safari package • Dinner: Guest Choice*|
*Guest Choice meals paid by participant. All other costs identified are included in the Race-Discovery-Safari Package